Position: Joyful Noise Preschool Teacher and Church Administrator
Joyful Noise Preschool is a ministry of First Church Sandwich, UCC. The preschool and the church covenant with one another and with the help of God to create a quality preschool education at an affordable rate for our community, to provide a spiritual and academic foundation for children who will grow into compassionate, community-oriented people, living with integrity. We offer an experience that is engaging, enjoyable, and fosters a love of learning. The Church Administrator is responsible for the administrative support of church programs and activities. This position is key in helping the church run smoothly and ranges widely in duties and responsibilities from reception, building management and website updates.
This position is essentially two positions at one organization. It would be expected that the morning hours would be in the church office as the Administrator and the afternoon hours would be as a Preschool Teacher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Administrator:
• Provide administrative support to the Senior Minister
• Handle all incoming communication: email, direct mail, telephone, online communication etc.
• Maintains church web presences: website, facebook, instragram and new social media platforms
• Create flyers & images via Canva or other platform for marketing of ministry programs
• Creates, maintains and distributes weekly and monthly ministry (marketing) correspondence via constant contact, social media and print and prepare direct mailings when necessary
• Maintain church data base (currently Planning Center)
• Maintain church rental agreements/ building use
• Coordinates with Facilities and Operations as need for church property repair or lending
• Maintain church calendar
• Compile annual report
• Assists committees, and Joyful Noise Preschool as needed and available
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Job Function of Preschool Teacher:
• Collaborate with director to build and maintain a positive, healthy and safe learning environment
• Implement lesson plans
• Supervise and monitor children during activities
• Collaborate with the lead teacher on student evaluations and help conduct conferences with parents/guardians
• Prepare and maintain the classroom for daily activities
• Organize and manage the classroom environment to foster creative and analytical thinking skills, while showing sensitivity to individual developmental, cultural and learning differences
• Adhere to all EEC regulations
• Attend staff meetings and trainings required by EEC
Reporting Relationships: This position will report to both the Senior Pastor and Joyful Noise Director.
• Early childhood educator licensure required.
• Associates degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
• 2 years teaching in an early childhood program preferred.
• First aid/Adult, Child, Infant CPR certified by the first day of employment.
• Proficiency in microsoft office
• Social Media, Website maintenance skills preferred
• Great organization, communication and people skills.
This position qualifies for paid benefit time off and sick time per the Personnel Handbook and with approval by the Pastor. This is a 40 hour a week position during the Joyful Noise School year and 20 hours in the summer.
Pay range: $20-23/hr
To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.